WCA GENERAL POLICIES:
- It is prohibited to use profane language during the entire stay of the game
- Any dispute resulting in a physical contact will result in the team forfeiting the game/tournament and the incident will be reported to Police for legal action.
- All rental parties/ Teams/Individuals permitted to use facilities will be responsible for the following items:
- Litter removal from facilities and adjacent areas such as parking lots
- No amplified sound
- Enforcement of no smoking (including e-cigarettes) and no alcohol, within group
- Supervision of youth spectators
- Providing a contact name and cell number for the groups on-site supervisor
- Must follow all rules for everyone.
- Must follow and abide by and not use facility during facility closures
- Use facility for the sport and or events they were intended for
- Must not damage or alter facility in any way
- Trespassing is illegal, violator will be legally prosecuted
- A responsible adult/Coach from the rental party must supervise premises for proper use during all rental hours. Must have their rental use permit on site for every rental date.
- Prohibit to paste, tack, glue or post any sign, placard, advertisement or inscription Sports facility use permits cannot be transferred, assigned or sublet.
- Consumption, serving and/or selling of alcoholic beverages is not permitted in any and all sports facilities and
- Hitting or kicking balls into any fence or against any building is prohibited.
- Facility to be used for appropriate sports use.
- Lining or marking of facilities is not allowed without prior written approval.
- No equipment storage is allowed at sites.
- Unauthorized facility use will result in penalties and suspension of usage with no refunds. Teams/Rental parties/individuals will be responsible for any Interruptions/delays.
- WCA is not responsible for any lost/damaged individual property.
- Rental parties will carry their own liability insurance.
ISSUES RAISED IN/WITH FACILITY
- Rental Teams/groups / Individuals will take full responsibility for any issues during the rental with players. All activities will be suspended should any legal issue, complaint arise from any Individual related to the rental
- Rental party/Teams/Individual will adhere to all WCA rules, failing to do so will result in penalties, losing deposit, canceling of rental space.
- Rental parties/Teams/Individuals will take responsibility for any vandalism of the pitch / facility and will result in
- Rental party / Teams / Individuals will work with WCA for any issues caused within the facility. WCA will not be liable for any loss / damage / liability / litigation / Legal issues for issues raised in the
- Should an issue arise, both parties will abide by this agreement, it will be solved mutually and amicably. A Final decision is fully reserved by WCA.
- Facility will be open for business most of the time, Should WCA decide to close, it will notify the rental party/teams/individuals at least 1 hr. before the closure time.
- WCA will reserve the right to close the facility.
- Should WCA choose to keep the facility open and the rental party/teams/individuals decide to cancel, rent will be fully charged.
- Parking is permitted in designated areas only. Vehicles parked illegally will be cited. Parking during non-permit hours is illegal, violator will be legally prosecuted.
- All cars will follow the standard DMV regulations while entering / existing premises.
- Individuals/owners of cars are responsible for any accident / violation.
- WCA and owner of the property are not responsible for any violation or accident.
- WCA holds the right to make final decision on matter to rentals, failing to adhere will result in penalties, suspensions & Legal litigation,
- All rights are reserved by Washington Cricket Academy aka WCA.
Player should represent WCA all the time while getting coached at WCA.
Player should always hustle. Player should hustle on and off the field, in the field, whether in practice, or a game.
Player should respect their coaches and parents and do as they ask. Player understands that they want to help them become the best they can be.
Player should not use profanity. Player should always set a good example and represent their team with class.
Player should practice good sportsmanship before, during and after the games. Player should appreciate the good play of our opponents and remain humble during their shining moments.
Player should treat all opposing players, coaches, and fans with respect.
Player should respect decisions made by the umpires. Player cannot change their decisions, and recognize their reaction may reflect poorly on both me and their team.
Player should handle winning with class and losing with grace. A player’s true character is shown in handling both winning and losing with similar reflection and appreciation.
Player should never quit. No matter the score, inning or number of outs, the player should always give their best. Their teammates deserve nothing less.
Player should work hard when nobody’s watching. Their work ethic is based on the hard work they put in during games and practices as well as at home.
Player understands their grades in school and behavior at home and outside of cricket may impact their position on the team. There is more to life than cricket.
Player should never throw a bat or other equipment in anger. Not only is this unsafe, but it is a selfish display of poor self-control and bad sportsmanship.
Player should always prioritize the safety of themselves and others around them. Player should be properly equipped and aware of their surroundings when throwing a ball or swinging a bat.
Player should treat practices seriously as an opportunity to become the best player can be. Practice is their time to polish their tools while the game is their time to shine.
Player should practice self-control, setting a positive example for others. Player should not get down on themselves when things aren’t going their way.
Player should always support and encourage their teammates. Player should be helpful and courteous, treating their teammates the way they would want to be treated.
Player should respect the facilities we are provided for practices and games. Player should not damage equipment; Player should clean up when we’re done, and player should treat it as their home.
Player should represent their team with class. Player understand that how Player behave and present themselves should reflect either positively or negatively on their teammates and coaches.
Player should always remain in the field during games, unless approved by a coach. Their focus needs to be between the lines.
Player should embrace their role, position on the field and in the lineup, and Player should not complain or feel sorry for themselves. This is a team, and Player should always do what is necessary for the team to be successful.
Player should learn from their mistakes. Player should make mistakes, but Player should use them as opportunities to learn. Player should always do their best to follow these rules. Their coaches, parents and Player understand that Player am not perfect, but repeated violations can and should impact their standing on this team. Depending on the severity and frequency of their infractions, Player may see less playing time, a diminished role or complete removal from the team.
Parent commits to making sure their child arrives to games and practices on time. This means arriving at the coach requested time, and not game time, so that their child has enough time to get situated prior to joining the practice or pre-game preparations.
Parent will be sure that their child is properly equipped, rested, sun-protected, hydrated and fueled for practices and games. This includes proper uniforms, gloves, bags and meals.
Parent will show respect for the umpires. They may make the wrong call, but the job of the umpire is not an easy one. Voicing their displeasure will not improve the situation.
Parent will stay away from the field during games and allow coaches to coach. While this is not easy, Parent knows that providing potentially conflicting messages during a game can be confusing to their child and their presence at the dugout may contribute negatively to his ability to focus.
Parent will ensure their child stays with the team during games. Parent knows that showing support for their child’s teammates is important, and leaving the teammates does not allow for additional coaching to be conducted and sends the wrong message to the rest of the team.
Parent will be a role model for their child regarding good sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-worth. These things start with the adults, and the players will behave accordingly. We will take pride in how we carry ourselves and treat others.
Parent is responsible for the behavior of all family members at games and practices. Others may attend games to cheer on their child, and Parent needs to be sure that they also handle themselves according to these rules.
Parent will provide encouragement and support for their child. My child needs to hear their positive encouragement throughout the game.
Parent will provide encouragement and support for all players on the team. As a team, it’s important to provide the same support for their child’s teammates. We are in this together!
Parent will respect the opposing team, coaches, and fans. They are the same as us in many ways, but they simply wear different uniforms. Appreciation for their performance and respect for their abilities will contribute to a positive game environment.
Parent understands that winning is important to the team, but the primary objective is promoting an environment of growth and learning. They will win. They will lose. They will make mistakes. One of the most important things will be what they learn from success and failure.
Parent will support the coach’s message. While Parent may not always agree with the coach, Parent also understand that contradicting the coach’s message is counterproductive.
Parent will help their child embrace his role, no matter what it is. Parent may not agree with where their child hits or plays in the field, but it is important that Parent helps their child embrace and master that role for the best possible experience.
Parent will inform the coaches of any issues that may impact their child’s performance on the team. My child may not always be ready to play due to illness, personal issues or other outside distractions, and for the benefit of their child and others involved, Parent will notify the coach as soon as possible.
Parent will help nurture a positive environment on and off the field. Parent will do their best to keep a positive tone as Parent realizes their reactions impact the team.
Parent will refrain from public complaints about coaching and other players with parents. While Parent may not always agree with how the team is being coached, Parent knows that these reactions do not help. Instead of complaining publicly, Parent will be part of the solution by scheduling a private time with coaches to discuss their concerns.
Parent will offer their help as a volunteer to leverage their skills, where possible. The success of this team is run on the contributions of volunteers, and Parent wants to contribute whatever Parent can to help.
Parent will respect the challenges the coaches face and time commitment they make. Parent knows that coaching is not easy. It’s a significant contribution of time and energy, often with the side effect of stress.
Parent will make payments for team fees as scheduled. Monthly payments are due before 10th of every month to cover coaches payment, practice facilities and more. Additional payment may be charged for tournaments, dress, Admin fee as determined by WCA management.
Parent will do everything within their control to make this a positive experience for their child, other players, families, and coaches. Parent will do their part to contribute to this cricket family!
Parents will be sharing their contact details with the other teammates’ parents for easier collaboration.
WCA WAIVER POLICIES:
IN CONSIDERATION OF being permitted to participate in Cricketing activities, the players are being allowed to participate in any way in the Cricket related events and activities at Washington Cricket Academy aka WCA. The undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury to participant from the activities involved in these programs is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation.
- I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Washington Cricket Academy, D-Sports, and all of its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to the participant’s involvement in these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releases from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.